We know what divas are. We see them on television, in movies, and unfortunately encounter them in our daily lives. They are the people that self-proclaim themselves princesses and princes. They are very detail orientated and if things don’t go their way, they can get a little temperamental. They hold themselves to high standards and they often expect others to do the same. If it’s not their way, it’s the highway.
Divas are not all bad. They are graceful and tend to fight for what they believe in. Their dedication and confidence is something we all should strive for. But one thing we never thought we would run across is a dog with diva tendencies. Your dog has either been watching too much television or is just naturally a prima donna. Also, you might be afraid to admit it but your dog might actually take after you and your divalicious ways. Here are five signs your Chihuahua is a doggy diva.
1. Picky About Food Don’t you dare ever switch dog food brands without permission from your darling pup. He will definitely notice. He only likes certain flavors and only eats specific snacks. He might go on a hunger strike if you make a change to his food habits.
2. You Cuddle On His Terms You may have plans to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie with your puppy, but he has other plans for Saturday night. He is going to enjoy some “me time” and play with his own toys. As soon as you try to cuddle next to him on the couch, he will definitely get up and walk away. Don’t get offended, just realise that your dog is a diva.
3. He Controls Where You Walk/Run When you are running, or walking, through the park with your dog, he is usually the one that pulls you along. No matter how many times you’ve tried to train him into running alongside you, he just won’t do it. You are the follower and he is the leader.
4. Your Pup Gets Bored of His Toys Fast You buy him a new toy today, he plays with it for a good 30 minutes, and then he never touches it again. That is the life cycle for your dog’s toys. You basically have a closet full of old toys that he never plays with because he got bored of them so fast.
5. Your Bed Is His Bed I’m sure some of you love that your puppy sleeps in bed with you. And even if you didn’t, he would do it anyway. Your bed is more comfortable than whatever else you bought him to sleep on. He is the king and your bed is his throne.
Written by: Darren Bridges